Thank you to all the families who took time out of their busy schedules to join us at the Zoo. It was a beautiful day and a fun trip. The children all seem to have enjoyed themselves.
Attached to this newsletter you will find tonight’s homework, my new instructional plan for this theme, the new theme vocabulary, and the new theme song.
We would like to wish our Friends Andy and Ms. Angel, Happy birthdays this month of April
This week our class will begin a new theme titled “Growing and Changing.”Over the next several weeks we will be learning about how people and nature grow and change our topic “I am Growing Everyday!” We will read stories about Growing up, Like Peter’s Chair by Ezra Keats. Ask your child to tell you why Peter was upset and wants to run away.
You can help your child learn more by talking with them about the things that they are doing in school. And the new letters and vocabulary they are learning about.
Here are some ways that you can work with your child at home. ASK? What did you read about today? What did you learn about growing up?
Homework week of April 9, 2018
Monday –Baby Days Activity
Tuesday– Gertie Goose Activity
Wednesday- Letter Gg Activity.
Thursday – None: Have a great weekend
Thank you to, Eduardo, Gerald and their families for providing snack this week.
Your Kindness and generosity is very much appreciated.
with us .
April 19, 2018- 3rd Parent night Event/ Transitioning to Kindergarten Info
May 10, 2018 -3rd and Final Parent Teacher Conference
May 17, 2018- Closing Celebration/ Last day of PreK
- In case of inclement weather, please listen to KDCE or Channel 4 news for delays and closures. If a 2 hour delay is called for Charter School, then there will be NO PreK classes that day.
- All parents/Visitors MUST check in at the McCurdy Ministry Office with Eufemia Romero before visiting the classroom. Thank You for your cooperation.
- If your child is absent, a written excuse must be provided to the school upon their arrival.
- If you arrive later than 8:20 am you will be considered 30 min tardy and be required to obtain a tardy slip from Ms. Eufemia at the McCurdy Ministry Office.
- Please be mindful that your clock is set to the same time as the clock by the sign-in log.
- On Days of inclement weather, if a 2 Hour delay is called for McCurdy Charter School, then there will be NO Pre-K or Pre-School that day.
Safe Sanctuary Training:
Please remember that prior to participating in the classroom with the children, this training must be complete. The Safe Sanctuary link can be found on the McCurdy Ministry home page. So far 6 parents have completed this training.