I hope you all had a nice Easter holiday and are ready to finish out the last few weeks of the school year.
Attached to this newsletter you will find tonight’s home activity, the new theme song, new theme vocabulary my instructional plan for this theme, a sign-up sheet for the last and final parent Teacher conferences and some information on the upcoming end of the year celebration.
You will also be receiving your Child’s speaking parts for our closing celebration, along with copies of the songs we will be singing that day. Please practice these poems and songs with your child so that they are comfortable with them by the day of celebration. We will begin practicing them daily in class.
This week our class will begin its last and final theme of the year! The new theme is titled “Ready For Kindergarten!”. Our topic this week is “Now I know my ABC’S!” During this theme we will be celebrating everything we have learned about letters and words. On Wednesday the children will listen to a fable from AESOP titled “The Tortoise and the Hare.”Ask your child who won the race and whyJ
You can help your child learn more by talking with them about the things that they are doing in school. Also about the new letters and vocabulary they are learning in school.
Here are some ways that you can work with your child at home. ASK? Can you see some words in our home? Do you know the names of some of the letters you see in those words? What are some other letters you know?
May 9, 2019-3rd & final Parent Teacher Conference/No school for students that Day.
May 17, 2019– Last Day Pre-K/ Closing Ceremony 9:00am-Dismissal to follow ceremony.
Home activities for the week of April 22, 2019
Monday- Larry Lion Activity
Tuesday – Practice new theme song
Wednesday- Letter Ll Show-N-Tell
Thursday- None, have a great weekend!
Thank you to Adam, Eliana, Avelina and their families for providing snack for our class. Your Kindness and generosity is very much appreciated, The children enjoy setting out snack for their friends.
Safe Sanctuary Training:
Please remember that prior to participating in the class with the children, this training must be complete. the Safe Sanctuary link can be found on the McCurdy Ministry homepage. So far 3 parents have completed this training and has documentation on file to work i the classroom.
In case of inclement weather, please listen to KDCE or Channel 4 or 7 news for delays and closures. If a 2 hour delay is called for Charter School, then there will be NO Pre-K or Preschool classes that day.
- All parents/Visitors MUST check in at the McCurdy Ministry Office with Eufemia Romero Before visiting the classroom. Thank You for your cooperation.
- If your child is absent, a written excuse must be provided to the school upon their arrival.
- If you arrive later than 8:15 am you will be considered tardy and be required to obtain a tardy slip from Ms. Eufemia at the McCurdy Ministry Office.
- Please be mindful that your clock is set to the clock in the main room at the sign-in log.
- A new gate has been installed between Pre-k and vacant parking lot for safety reasons regarding the softball and baseball fields. The vacant parking lot has been made assess-able for you to park in during drop off and pick up. Thank you