| McCurdy Schools of Northern NM Pre-K STUDENT DRESS CODE
- Button-down shirts, blouses, T-shirts, and knit tops are acceptable with the following exceptions:
- All tops are to have covered backs.
- Necklines may not be lower than one horizontal hand-width measured from the collarbone.
- Cutoff tops, tank tops, t-shirt type strap shirts, or spaghetti strap tops are not No skin should show at the midriff or back at any time, whether sitting or standing.
- Shirts must be longer than the waistline, but no longer than the fingertips. Shirts longer than the fingertips should be tucked in.
- Sleeveless shirts or tops are not allowed unless worn with a T-shirt with sleeves underneath.
- Shirt sleeves must be at least one horizontal hand-width long measured from the top of the shoulder.
- Mesh shirts, see-through, or netted tops are not allowed. Dropped arm holes are not allowed.
- Jeans, trousers, or slacks are acceptable with the following exceptions:
- Pants must be worn at the waistline, and underwear should not be exposed.
- The pelvic bone area is not to be visible at any time.
- Extremely large or oversized pants are not allowed.
- Shorts are to be no shorter than one vertical hand-width measured from the top of the knee.
- Dresses and skirts, including slits, are to be no shorter than one horizontal hand-width measured from the top of the knee. Please be mindful to wear shorts or tights underneath as we sit Criss Cross at circle time.
- Sleepwear or pajamas or pajama pants or tops are not allowed.
- Inappropriate, revealing, suggestive or vulgar clothing is not allowed. Dirty, frayed, ragged, or torn clothing is not allowed, even store-designed pants that have holes.
- Clothing, jewelry, or articles that display vulgar or offensive words or symbols like, violence, racism, death, or satanic symbols are not allowed.
- Clothing with inappropriate language, images, or symbols is not allowed.
- Too tight or snug-fitting clothing is not allowed, including Spandex-type material or very tight-fitting tops or pants, etc.
- Leggings are allowed to be worn under skirts as long as the skirt is within the dress code.
- Hair should be neatly combed and clean.
Shoes must be worn at all times on campus and in buildings. Wheeled shoes and light-up shoes are Not allowed
. Part of your child’s Pre-K experience is learning how to jump, hop, skip, and gallop.
So we recommend comfortable closed-toed shoes that fit properly. Flip-flops, high heels, slip-on shoes, and cowboy boots are not allowed. Please check your child’s shoe strings regularly.
- Caps and hats are not to be worn in any school building except with a medical excuse. Caps may be worn outside as students travel from one building to another or while outside during recess or during field experiences but must be worn with the bill to the front at all times and must follow the dress code in regards to 5.1 and 5.2 above.
- Sunglasses must be removed when entering buildings and classrooms.
- Children will get Dirty! Clothing that is too tight or too loose/long may inhibit your child’s play. If your child is wearing a jumper or a skirt, Please wear shorts underneath. Always dress for the weather!
- Each child will need to bring two extra changes of clothes; 4 pairs of socks, 4 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of pants, and 2 shirts. One set of clothing will be stored in a plastic shoe box container and used in case of spills, painting messes, or toilet accidents. The other will be placed in large Ziploc bags, labeled, and stored in a disaster preparedness box.
- All clothing should be labeled; this includes hats, mittens, jackets, and sweaters.
*The Executive & Site Director or designee’s professional judgment is the FINAL DECISION on these matters.*